“A Son of the Immaculate Heart of Mary is a man on fire with love, who spreads its flames wherever he goes. He desires mightily and strives by all means possible to set everyone on fire with God’s love. Nothing daunts him: he delights in privations, welcomes work, embraces sacrifices, smiles at slander, rejoices in all the torments and sorrows he suffers, and glories in the cross of Jesus Christ. His only concern is how he may follow Christ and imitate him in praying, working, enduring and striving constantly and solely for the greater glory of God and the salvation of humankind.” [? Saint Anthony Mary Claret Autobiography nº. 494]
Missionaries, Sons of the Immaculate
Heart of Mary
– or –
- Being “Claretians” is the concrete way of being men, Christians, religious, ordained ministers and apostles.
- We are and feel as sons loved by God and Mary, with all her heart.
In Our Congregation We Live as a Family
- Our family has been sustained by the Holy Spirit in the Church for two centuries through the intercession of St. Anthony Mary Claret.
- Some are priests or brothers, others are laity, from many different countries and diverse cultures, but all are brothers.
With a Particular Style of Life: to Burn in Love
- God makes us burn in love for Him and our neighbor.
- God has given us the gift of following Christ and proclaiming the Gospel to the whole world.
Our Journey: to be Disciples of Jesus
- Like Jesus we seek the glory of God and the salvation of men praying, working, and suffering.
- We take on the style of life of Jesus and the Virgin Mary: in poverty, chastity, and obedience.
Our Mission: To Light the Whole World on Fire with the Love of God
- We are sent to announce the life, death, and resurrection of Jesus whose end is that all are saved by faith in Him.
- We share in the sufferings and hopes of men looking for the transformation of the world according to the design of God.
- Our mission is to be fed by the Word of God and the Eucharist.
- To illuminate the world under the sign of mercy and tenderness which we learn in the Heart of Mary.
- We are led, overall, to those who are excluded from the love of others and suffer from the consequences of injustice in this world.