Lagos, November 2, 2019. In total gratitude to God and with the famed Nigerian hospitality, the Superior and the Secretary of the Claretian Missionaries, West Nigeria Delegation, welcomed nine representatives from Europe who are on a Third Educational Exchange Visit to Nigeria. They arrived the Murtala Mohammed International Airport, Lagos-Nigeria, on Saturday, November 2, 2019, precisely at 10:30pm.
The visitors include:
- Adolfo Lamata Muyo CMF (Prefect of Apostolate of Santiago),
- Jose Manuel Sueiro Exposito, CMF (Member of the Ownership Team of Claretian Schools),
- Miguel Angel Velasco Lopez, CMF. (Formal General Prefect of Apostulaate),
- Israel Delgado Dominguez (member of the board of Claret School of Aranda de Duero), Elisa Casado Ramos (member of the Board of Claret School of Segovia),
- Regina Andres Gracia (member of the Board of Claret School of Segovia),
- Maria Gomez Estebanez (from Claret School of Madrid),
- Artur Manuel Rodrigues Teixeira, CMF (General Prefect of Apostolate).
The following day, November 3, after the Mass at St. Leo’s Catholic Church Ikeja-Lagos, the team left for Abuja, where it visited Veritas University but could not make it to the ground hosting TICLA (Theological Institute for Consecrated Life in Africa) due to the bad roads. Nonetheless, the Director of TICLA, VR Fr Peter Okonkwo, briefed them on the enormous on-going project in the Institute.
The representatives headed to the flagship school of the Delegation, Claret Secondary School, Kabba on the 4th of the same month where the young students treated them to typical Nigeria cultural displays.
The following day, November 5, the visitors left for Owerri via Abuja Airport to continue with their school visitations and educational interactions with the members of the East Nigeria Province.
However, on their return to Lagos, they will pay a visit to Claretian Academy, Ewowa in Lagos on November 9.
May God protect them as they carry out this pastoral assignment.
>>Details of their visit later<<<<